The Flower Carpet on the Grand Place in its present-day form was first created in 1971 by the landscape architect E. Stautemans, You can watch a YouTube video to see how the 2010 Flower Carpet was made. You can find more information about the Flower Carpet from their website online.
The sender also offers six things you need to survive in Brussels:
- comfortable shoes (hilly)
- sunshades (weather changes in 10 minutes)
- umbrella (weather changes in 10 minutes)
- big scarf (weather changes in 10 minutes)
- sense of humor (lots of absurdity, but it works out in the end)
- photo camera or sketchbook (it's a beautiful city)